I’ve finished off the quilt top for the baby girl quilt I’ve been working on. As much as I enjoyed the improv-piecing, I realised part way through that I should probably have chosen a particular block size and stuck with it. However, I ended up with a bit of an assortment of block sizes. When I laid them all out on my “design wall” (i.e. the floor) I thought it was a bit busy to have them all just pieced together so added some sashing in pale pink (my backing fabric) which also served the function of allowing me to make all the blocks the same size.
(apologies for the crappy photo)
Now I need to decide if I’m going to do any piecing on the back before basting… I’m edging towards yes, I might try something with the fabric I have left over and see what I think.