Best Intentions…

Tonight I had a nice empty evening this evening in which I was planning on making a start on the sewing of my Hikaru Jacket. However once I sat down at the machine and worked out the stitch settings for sewing with the boiled wool, I discovered that some of the pattern pieces require interfacing, which I do not yet have.

So, the jacket was shelved and I pulled out the blue & green fabrics for my genome quilt. After some pressing I set to work cutting (more) squares. After an evening of cutting in front of the TV I’m about 2/3 of the way through.
I also had a go at my first ever half square triangle. (well technically first two, but that’s just being pedantic).
Now, I know what you’re thinking; why on earth would I start a project that has far to many HSTs in it to even think about calculating right now if I’ve never done one before. The answer; I have no idea! I guess I’m just that stupid! Thankfully it wasn’t too bad… but ask me that again a few thousand down the line…


  1. cherri

    Hi Rachel – I really like the colours in your quilt – very pretty. I have spent the last 3 nights cutting the pieces for my first quilt – please tell me the cutting is the longest part – it has taken hours!

  2. cherri

    Thanks Rachel – I am using the Red Pepper Bricks and Stones Pattern (she is a melb designer). Don't go tonight – it's not on:( – see below link.

    I'll have to check out those links – thx for that!


Leave a Reply