I made this dress well over a year ago, very shortly after buying the fabric back in December 2009 actually and wore it out on my birthday last January. It then got shoved in my wardrobe and forgotten about until recently, and as I didn’t get any photos of the whole thing I didn’t blog about it at the time. However, as me-made-march has prompted me to wear it again I have now got some photos and can share what the whole dress looks like.
The pattern’s a bit average in my opinion. I did a full bust adjustment which helped with the fit of the bodice, but where the shoulder straps meet is a bit wide (particularly shown below in the back view), and the straps are waaaay too long, and even after shortening them I’ve still added little bra loops to hold them up. However, the skirt is a nice amount of full-ness and a great summery length.
My favourite part about the dress is the fabric – it’s a lovely Rayon fabric, which has a gorgeous drape, was lovely to sew with and even nicer to wear. I will definitely be looking out for more fabrics like it.