Do you remember the t-shirt I made earlier in the year? (pictured below) Well I have since made a few more, but am still ironing out some of the kinks in the pattern (not that there’s any problems with it, it’s one of my most worn t-shirts these days, but there’s nothing wrong with wanting to improve things).
I made another iteration from some brown jersey that I got from The Fabric Store, specifically with the intention of making something to match the planned spotty crescent skirt. The pattern was a direct replication of the first shirt and turned out pretty well…
…except that I forgot that I’d been meaning to add a tiny bit of width to the shoulders of the shirt, so the shoulders of this one (as well as the first) are a little bit narrow.
My next iteration was a sky-blue version (some more fabric from The Fabric Store, this time picked up in a sale), and this time I did remember to add some width to the shoulders…
… but I added a bit too much, and the shoulder seams are puckery and lumpy because they’re too long. I’m considering chopping off the seam allowances of the sleeve seams and reducing the width of the shoulders a bit to see if that fixes it up (unpicking the triple stitch isn’t really an option with the jersey).
One success though is the conversion of the v-neck into a round neck – some more of the story of which will be further detailed at another time!
And there you have it, one with shoulders to narrow, one with shoulders too wide. Here’s to hoping that the next one will be juuuust right!